With light there is beauty. With color there is magic.
I strive to create a magical beauty for the soul.
Born in New Orleans, LA
Lives & works on the Northshore area & in New Orleans
Previous biz names: Katharines Photography & Katharine Scrantom Studios
After falling in love with photography at a young age, I would shoot anything and eveything, mostly in black & white. Black & white images are pure and intellectual. Black & white has a depth that cannot be matched. However, as time has swept by, I tend to see the colors that surround me differently. They dance in my head in the most unlikely places...... in a tiny section of a wine glass or in the light that dances on a river. Sometimes there are images to create from tree branches, or patterns on moss, or even the ceiling of a building as light pours through the open spaces.
Life is magical and beautiful, but even when it takes us to
the depths of hell & pain, there is light and color
to uplift our souls.
It is light that touches my soul.
It is color that brings back my magic.
CV / Resume
* McGehee School, New Orleans, LA
* Bachelor of Fine Arts- Photographic Design, University of Georgia
* Rockport School of Photography- Digital & Advanced Studio Lighting
Techniques, Rockport, Maine
* Master of Arts in Teaching- Elementary Education K-6, Univ. of Memphis
Exhibitions & Festivals
* Lamar Dodd Gallery, 1981, Athens, GA
* Carol Robinson Gallery, 1981, New Orleans, LA
* Columbus Art Collection, 1984, Columbus, GA
* Gardner Galleries, 1997, Columbus, GA
* Bishop's Common Gallery, 1997, Sewanee, TN
* Garden District Book Shop, 1998, New Orleans, LA
* St. John's Gallery, 1998, Albuquerque, NM
* Tyler's Gallery, 2003, Germantown, TN
* Guy Lyman Fine Art, 2016, New Orleans, LA
* Pizzella Fine Art, 2018, Mandeville, LA
* Sewanee: Grace Revealed, a book of black & white photographs
on the campus of Sewanee, The University of the South, 1998.
* Beautiful Oak Living, a Beau Chêne magazine, first month Oct 2019 to the
* McGehee Distinguished Alum Award for "Sewanee: Grace Revealed"
* Best Portrait Photographer, Germantown, TN
* Photo Design Teaching Award, Albuquerque, NM